使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

回帖

积分

[INTOHARD]工兵

积分
发表于 2011-1-29 02:40:54 | 显示全部楼层
PC-3000 needsdos to operate. There is NO english documentation so i don't know what i say is correct or not, but is how i set it up.

I used a small drive of 3gb (smallest drive i have). Since i think has to be used on a pentium 3 [P3] motherboard (unknown if better motherboard can be used). Unknown again since i cannot read chinese and every translator cannot translate chinese very good. Wonder what they are like from translating from english to chinese, just as bad ?

I didn't try to use usb boot, as P3 motherboards i have never seen able to boot from usb without some setup modification. And why bother with cd or dvd as still would need to write and read firmware, so hdd is better sollution. I did think of win98 and drop to dos from that, but i guess as emulator says need pure dos. So it boots to hdd c:\ and loads files direct from there using the autoexec.bat and config.sys files.

I extracted all PC-3000 ISA contents to hdd after i had formated and set the drive for active (so it can boot). Adjusted the autoexec.bat and config.sys files to load corrrectly from the Emulator and Dos directories. Afterwards cd (change directory) to PC-3000 directory and run shell.

Problem i then found that shell and PC3000AT files are in chinese language, i speak english only have no time to learn any other.

I have pcmx_pkr and pcmx_dsp for maxtor drives that are in english from here. First drive i need to repair is a maxtor so good for that one maybe. I guess will be in trouble for other manufacture drives.

Have not yet progressed as the layout for firmware that PC-3000 expects is not correct. So doesn't find any firmware where it should be. Also will need to download correct firmware for what i need to use with drive.

Anyway the hardest part is if you speak only english you will be lost forever. Since PC-3000 ISA was never to be for english speaking countries.

Hope this changes with PC-3000 UDMA when released, most people in the world speak english.

BTW Anyone knows of locations for full PC-3000 ISA that is english. That is PC3000AT, shell and all other toold are in english or converted to english. If you are chinese and speak only chinese. Imagine you have PC-3000 ISA and then try to understand russian, german or english. I'm sure you can easily see the problem you would have, not able to use it since what does each button mean or do. Hopefully it is better with UDMA that simple .ini files will hold all info needed for every langauge for every tool in the complex for use.

Was there one tool or file in ISA that could be changed for english version to make all files in ISA be in english...

Last.. Module 33 - Tanslator is very important (more so maybe for maxtor drives, or maybe all drives !). Before any repair or modification find out about this and why it is so important. Otherwise you may be left after repair with an empty drive with no data to image or recover at all. This info i gleaned from a video for UDMA. Why is important information like this never spoken of, it should be well known. It took a reseller company to tell us of this, and yet no mention of it on this forum i have read so far. Or maybe it is chinese and badly translated is unable to be read. More reason why this forum should be unversal for every language, since everyone has hard drives that have problems.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

• TA的每日心情
    难过
    2012-5-23 10:04
  • 签到天数: 1 天

[LV.1]布衣百姓

主题

回帖

积分

[INTOHARD]团长

数据开拓者